Tumeric is part of the ginger family and is grown in India.
There are so many health benefits that Tumeric offers and this can be seen through research!
Turmeric has been shown to be antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antioxidant, antiseptic, cardioprotective, hepatoprotetive, nephroprotective, radioprotective, and digestive activities. 
You can either get the tumeric root and juice it or even make your own turmeric powder by throwing it in the oven and then putting it in the food processor after OR you can buy tumeric powder.
There are so many ways to incorporate tumeric including: tumeric tea (which I will tell you my recipe below), adding it to smoothies, making golden milk, throwing it veggies and roasting them, adding it to rice and many more!
I was recently sick and my mood had been low for a while but this tea brought back life to me with more energy and more restful sleep. I would definitely recommend the tea before bed.
Tumeric Ginger Tea Recipe
- 1 inch of tumeric root (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- 1 inch of ginger root (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- ^ can add slightly more or less depending on the strength you want (this one is more mild)
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick (can add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder)
- Bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil in a pot on the stovetop
- Once boiled, turn off heat but keep on burner.
- Add cinnamon stick, pinch of pepper, ginger and tumeric.
- Let sit for 6-8 minutes.
- Now drink up and feel the power 🙂
– what I do if I make extra or want it for the next day is pour it in a mason jar and put it in the fridge and microwave it the next day –
 Prasad, S., & Aggarwal, B. B. (2011). Turmeric, the golden spice. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92752/